The Website is operated by GP Education Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 41 620 350 530) (us, we, our). The term ‘you’ or ‘your’ refers to the Website user.
- 1.1. To become a registered user of the Website (Registered User), you must:
- 1.1.1. be enrolled with the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) to sit the FRACGP examinations, or otherwise intend to do so;
- 1.1.2. be over 18 years of age;
- 1.1.3. be capable of forming a legally binding contract;
- 1.1.4. create a Profile with a unique username and password;
- 1.1.5. in your Profile, provide your full name, residential address and date of birth, six-digit Royal Australian College of General Practitioners number and Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency number.
- 1.2. We reserve the right to:
- 1.2.1. request documentation from you to enable us to verify the information you provide in your Profile is true and correct (including verifying your identity) before granting you access to the Website as a Registered User;
- 1.2.2. not grant you access to the Website as a Registered User if you do not provide the information requested by us pursuant to clause 1.2.1 or if we are otherwise unable to verify the information you provide to us to our satisfaction.
- 1.1. To become a registered user of the Website (Registered User), you must:
- Your use of the Website
- 2.1. You agree that:
- 2.1.1. we are providing the Website, Content and access to our Social Media Platforms to you for your sole personal use and benefit and for study purposes only;
- 2.1.2. you must not attempt to download, record, print, reproduce or otherwise save or preserve the Content for your later use;
- 2.1.3. subject to the limited licence granted in clause 5, you will not use or otherwise misappropriate Content in a way which infringes GPE’s or a third party’s Intellectual Property Rights;
- 2.1.4. your use of the Website, Content and our Social Media Platforms is entirely at your own risk and you agree to accept full liability and responsibility for any Loss or Claim in connection with your use of the Website and our Social Media Platforms, and purchase and/or use of the Content;
- 2.1.5. subject to your rights under any applicable condition, warranty, right or remedy implied or imposed by any statute or regulation which cannot be lawfully excluded, all sales of Purchased Content are non-refundable;
- 2.2. Without limiting clause 2.1.6, you agree that you will not, directly or indirectly:
- 2.2.1. hack into or insert malicious code, including viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other harmful or destructive code or data, into the Website or our Social Media Platforms including through password mining, phishing or other means;
- 2.2.2. use automated scripting tools or software in connection with the Website, Content or our Social Media Platforms;
- 2.2.3. circumvent the Website’s structure, presentation or navigational function so as to obtain information that GPE has chosen not to make publicly available on its Website or our Social Media Platforms;
- 2.2.4. attempt to modify, reverse engineer or reverse-assemble any part of the Website, Content, or our Social Media Platforms.
- 2.3. Without limiting clause 2.1.6, you further agree that you will not, directly or indirectly, use the Website (including via webinars available from our Website) or our Social Media Platforms to:
- 2.3.1. upload User Content which infringes a third party’s (including another user’s) Intellectual Property Rights (including infringing copyright by uploading any User Content to which you do not have the right to upload), or disclose any trade secret or confidential information in violation of a confidentiality, employment, or non-disclosure agreement;
- 2.3.2. publish, distribute, communicate or otherwise re-send (either on the Website, Social Media Platforms or not) another user’s User Content without their express permission;
- 2.3.3. use or otherwise misappropriate User Content in a way which infringes a user’s Intellectual Property Rights (including infringing copyright by reproducing any User Content which you do not have the right to reproduce);
- 2.3.4. publish, exchange or communicate comments to offend or insult others (which shall be judged in the sole and absolute opinion of GPE);
- 2.3.5. publish, distribute or otherwise disseminate information which is false, inaccurate, misleading or deceptive, unlawful, obscene or inappropriate (which shall be judged in the sole and absolute opinion of GPE);
- 2.3.6. defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or intimidate others;
- 2.3.7. impersonate another person;
- 2.3.8. solicit money or passwords from other users;
- 2.3.9. breach the confidence of or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as the rights of privacy) of others, including other users;
- 2.3.10. disrupt an exchange of information between users of the Website or our Social Media Platforms or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users of the Website or our Social Media Platforms, including through a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack;
- 2.3.11. transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials (including in relation to any contest or pyramid scheme), surveys, chain letters or any other forms of solicitation, unless expressly authorised by GPE;
- 2.3.12. harvest information about other users in order to transmit, or facilitate the transmitting of such materials as listed in clause 2.3.11 above;
- 2.3.14. breach any applicable laws or regulations.
- 2.4. We reserve the right to monitor use of the Website and our Social Media Platforms by you or any other person, but have no obligation to do so.
- 2.5. You further acknowledge that GPE:
- 2.5.2. does not review and ensure the accuracy or currency of data or information posted by users on the Website or our Social Media Platforms; and
- 2.5.3. provides the Website and Social Media Platforms to, among other things, facilitate the sharing of information and interactions between users, but does not guarantee that the information and services made available through the Website or our Social Media Platforms or your interactions with other users will result in a particular outcome.
- 2.1. You agree that:
- Purchased Content
- 3.1. As a Registered User, you have the ability to purchase Purchased Content from our Website by making an order (Order).
- 3.2. An Order placed by you in the manner described on the Website is an offer by you to purchase the Purchased Content for the price specified on the Website at the time you place your Order.
- 3.3. All prices on the Website are displayed in Australian dollars and are subject to change prior to the time you place your Order without notice. Once your Order has been submitted you acknowledge that it may not be varied or cancelled by you, except in accordance with clauses 3.6 and 3.7.
- 3.4. You acknowledge that, by placing your Order for Purchased Content, you are agreeing to pay for and accept delivery of, the Purchased Content.
- 3.5. You warrant that all details you provide to us when placing your Order for the Purchased Content are current, correct and complete, that you are an authorised user of the account or credit or debit card used to place your Order and that your nominated account or credit or debit card will cover the full cost of the purchase.
- 3.6. If we are unable to successfully process your account or debit or credit card payment for your Order, we will notify you and cancel your Order.
- 3.7. We reserve the right to cancel your Order prior to delivery and in some cases, to refuse to accept subsequent Orders from you if:
- 3.7.1. you provide erroneous or insufficient information in relation to your payment method, billing details (including if the billing details you provide are different from the details your financial institution has on record) or shipping address;
- 3.7.2. we know or suspect that you intend to on-supply the Purchased Content to other parties in trade or commerce or otherwise in breach of these Terms Use; or
- 3.7.3. we know of or suspect any fraudulent or dishonest activity in relation to your Order.
- Content Disclaimer
- 4.1. You acknowledge that:
- 4.1.1. the Content is supplied to you for general educational purposes only;
- 4.1.2. the Content does not constitute medical advice and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice from a qualified medical professional;
- 4.1.3. GPE does not provide any warranty or assurance as to the accuracy, quality, relevance, completeness, validity or fitness for a particular purpose of the Content;
- 4.1.4. medical guidelines and practices may change regularly and the Content may become outdated upon changes in guidelines, practices, or upon the making of new discoveries;
- 4.1.5. some of the information referenced by GPE in the Content is reliant upon external sources (e.g., third party websites) over which GPE has no control, and GPE does not take any responsibility for the accuracy, reliability or currency of that information;
- 4.1.6. GPE does not guarantee that you will achieve a particular result, score or outcome by using the Content;
- 4.1.7. you accept all responsibility for the consequences of your use, or non-use, of the Content provided by us.
- 4.1. You acknowledge that:
- Intellectual Property
- 5.1. You acknowledge that GPE is the proprietor or authorised licensee of all Intellectual Property Rights in relation to the Website and the Content. You may not reproduce or replicate any part of the Content, the layout or design of the Website nor its functionality.
- 5.2. Your use of the Website and Content does not provide you with any Intellectual Property Rights therein.
- 5.4. You acknowledge that the “GPE Australia” trade mark is owned by GPE and all other trade marks and logos displayed on the Website are the property of their respective owners and are protected by applicable trade mark and copyright law.
- 5.5. You:
- 5.5.1. to the fullest extent possible, agree to provide GPE with a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, communicate, distribute or otherwise make available on the Website and/or our Social Media Platforms the User Content you upload or submit to Us, for any purpose whatsoever; and
- 5.5.2. consent to GPE, its licensees and its assignees, dealing with your User Content in any way GPE deems appropriate, including for marketing purposes.
- 6.1. The Website and Content and our Social Media Platforms may include links to other websites not owned or controlled by us (Third Party Websites). GPE makes no express or implied representation or warranty or guarantee as to the content, suitability, functionality or accuracy of any Third Party Websites.
- 6.2. Third Party Websites are subject to the terms and conditions outlined by that third party.
- 6.3. Any links to Third Party Websites do not:
- 6.3.1. indicate a relationship between GPE and the third party; or
- 6.3.2. indicate any endorsement or sponsorship by GPE of the Third Party Website, or the goods or services it provides, unless specifically indicated by GPE.
- Personal Information and Non-Personal Information
- 7.1. Any non-personal information you upload to the Website, such as questions, comments or suggestions, may not be encrypted and will not be treated as confidential. You agree that you have provided a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free licence to GPE to use, reproduce and modify the non-personal information for any purpose whatsoever.
- 7.3. You agree that we may disclose any information we, in our absolute discretion, consider we are required to disclose in order to satisfy any applicable rule of law, regulation, legal process or government request.
- Exclusions and Limitations of Liability
- 8.2. Without limiting clause 8.1, GPE does not warrant or guarantee:
- 8.2.1. that the Website or our Social Media Platforms will be free from viruses (including malware or spyware) or other destructive properties; or
- 8.2.2. that the operation of the Website or our Social Media Platforms will be uninterrupted or error free.
- 8.5. GPE is not liable for, nor will you have any remedy or entitlement to make a claim (whether contractual, tortuous or otherwise) in respect of any Loss or Claim:
- 8.5.1. in consequence of, or resulting directly or indirectly out of the use or reliance upon, the Website, the Content or our Social Media Platforms;
- 8.5.2. relating to viruses or any technologically harmful matter that may infect your computer or device which you use to access the Website or our Social Media Platforms;
- 8.5.3. for special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages, losses, costs, or expenses.
- 9.1. You agree and warrant that:
- 9.1.1. all information that you provide to GPE about yourself, including your contact details, personal details and username is true, accurate, current and complete and that you will notify GPE of any changes to that information in a timely fashion;
- 9.1.2. you will not share your password with others or allow others to use your username and password.
- 9.2. You further agree that you will not:
- 9.2.1. provide GPE with false, inaccurate or misleading information;
- 9.2.2. act fraudulently or in any manner contrary to any applicable law;
- 9.2.3. create liability for GPE or cause GPE to lose (in whole or in part) the services of third party providers.
- 9.1. You agree and warrant that:
- Content Amendments
- 10.1. We may amend, remove, alter or vary any of the Content and User Content on the Website or our Social Media Platforms at any time, without prior notice to you.
- Inability to carry out obligations
- 14.2. You can deactivate your access to the Website as a Registered User at any time by providing notice in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- 14.3. In the event of a limitation, suspension or termination of your access to the Website as a Registered User as set out in clause 14.1 or a voluntary deactivation of your access in clause 14.2, you will not be entitled to a refund for the amount paid to GPE for any Purchased Content unless otherwise approved in writing by GPE.
- Applicable Law
- 17.1. GPE may give notice to you by either direct communication to the email address provided in your Profile or generally by publication of a generic message or communication on a notice board or information link accessible to and found on the Website. You may give notice to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com.
Content means any course content, text, documents, videos, webinars, graphics, user interfaces, visual interfaces, photographs, trade marks, logos, sound records, music, artwork, computer code and other material used, displayed or available on the Website or our Social Media Platforms and includes the Purchased Content.
Intellectual Property means:
(a) inventions, discoveries and novel designs, whether or not registered or registrable as patents or designs, including developments or improvements of equipment, products, technology, processes, methods or techniques;
(b) copyright (including future copyright) throughout the world in all literary works, artistic works, computer software, and any other works or subject matter in which copyright subsists and may in the future subsist;
(c) trade and service marks (whether registered or unregistered) and domain names;
(d) confidential information and trade secrets,
including in particular any intellectual property vesting in the Website and any Content used, displayed or available on the Website or our Social Media Platforms.
Intellectual Property Rights means any rights as may subsist in the Intellectual Property.
Loss or Claim means, in relation to any person, any damage, loss (including consequential loss), cost, charge, outgoing, payment, expense or liability, including without limitation, lost profits, lost revenue, loss of opportunity, loss of or damage to reputation or goodwill, personal injury, loss of life, accident, harm, incurred or suffered by the person or a claim, action, proceeding or demand made against the person, however arising, and whether present or future, fixed or unascertained, actual or contingent.
Order means the term defined in clause 3.1.
Purchased Content means Content for which you have paid GPE to obtain access pursuant to an Order.
Personal Information has the same meaning as defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Profile means the user profile created by you in order to access the Website as a Registered User which contains, at a minimum, the information set out in clause 1.1.5.
Registered User means the term defined in clause 1.1.
Social Media Platforms means any online-based social page, presence, group, community, feed or forum operated or maintained by or on behalf of GPE, including but not limited to Facebook Groups, Facebook Pages, Instagram accounts and LinkedIn profiles.
User Content means any text, graphics, photographs, trade marks, logos, artwork and other material uploaded, displayed or made available on the Website or our Social Media Platforms by a user and includes that user’s Profile.
Website means the website accessed at www.gpeaustralia.com.au
Your privacy is important to GP Education Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 41 620 350 530), our subsidiaries and affiliates (“GPE”, “we”, “us” or “our”). GPE is committed to protecting your privacy and complying with its obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
This policy governs GPE’s collection, storage, use and disclosure of your personal information and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
By visiting our Website, our Social Media Platforms or otherwise providing GPE with your personal information, you consent to your personal information being collected, stored, used and disclosed as set out in this policy or as otherwise disclosed by us at the time of collection.
The Website and our Social Media Platforms may contain links to other websites that are not owned, operated or controlled by us. As such, we are not responsible for the information on these sites, or their privacy policies.
We may update this policy from time to time. You can find the most current version on our Website.
- What kinds of personal information do we collect?
The personal information we collect and hold will depend on the nature of your interaction with us, but may include the following types of information:
- name, physical address and contact information such as phone numbers and email addresses;
- your Royal Australian College of General Practitioners number;
- your Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency number;
- your date of birth;
- your transaction history;
- credit card details or other payment details if you place an Order with us;
- any other personal information which you supply to us, including information on your gender, age, activities, interests, personal descriptions;
- the content of any communications with other Registered Users on the Website (e.g. via webinars);
- the content of any communications and interactions between users of our Social Media Platforms.
- What kinds of non-personal information do we collect?
We use data collection services called “cookies” and data collected by other technologies that allow us to track your use of the Website. The technical data is used to determine visitor traffic, trends, remember your preferences and delivering personalised content to you while you are using the Website.
We may also share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly, for example, to show trends about the general use of the Website.
- How do we collect personal information?
GPE collects personal information from you directly, if you choose to provide it through one of the following means:
- when you register as a Registered User by creating a Profile on the Website;
- when you communicate with another Registered User through the Website;
- when you communicate or interact with others on, or otherwise use, our Social Media Platforms;
- when you contact our customer service team to make an enquiry or leave feedback;
- when you complete a survey or questionnaire; and
- cookies when you access and use the Website.
We endeavour to only collect personal information about an individual from that individual. There are some circumstances when we may need to collect your personal information from third parties, such as financial institutions, the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners and the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency. We may also collect personal information from publicly available records.
We may hold your personal information in electronic or hard copy form, or a combination of both.
- How do we use your personal information?
GPE uses the personal information (which is not sensitive information) it collects for the purposes for which it was provided to GPE and for related secondary purposes, to carry out GPE’s business purposes, to fulfil its legal obligations, other related purposes or as permitted or required by law.
In particular, GPE may use your personal information to:
- verify your identity;
- provide products and services that you have requested, and respond to your enquiries;
- recommend products and services that may be of interest to you, based on your transaction history and preferences;
- manage your Profile and provide you with customer support;
- to transmit messages from you to other Registered Users;
- provide you with information about our events or our services that may interest you, and more generally, to maintain our relationship with you;
- send promotional offers and marketing material to you;
- maintain a database of Registered Users of the Website;
- enhance your experience of the Website, and make the Website easier for you to use, including remembering your preferences and personalising your experience on the Website;
- plan our product and service development in accordance with the needs of our customers;
- facilitate our business operations.
You do not have to provide personal information to us if you do not wish to, but if you do not do so, it may affect our ability to provide you with our goods and services and with information about them.
- How do we use sensitive information?
Sensitive information is a type of personal information that includes information about an individual’s criminal record, racial or ethnic origin or sexual orientation or practices. We will only use your sensitive information for the purpose for which you have provided it to us and to the extent that it is reasonably necessary for us to provide the Website.
- Who do we disclose your personal information to?
Generally, GPE will not disclose your personal information to any other third parties unless you have consented to such disclosure. Such consent may be given expressly or it may be implied by conduct.
In particular, your personal information may occasionally be disclosed to:
- our directors, officers, employees and related entities (including entities located overseas), for the purpose of our business and marketing purposes only;
- third party contractors or service providers that we use in the ordinary course of our business to assist with the delivery of our products and services (on a confidential basis and such service providers will be limited in their use of the information to the purpose of our business only);
- specialist advisers who have been engaged to provide us with legal, administrative, financial, insurance, research, marketing or other services; and
- any other person authorised, implicitly or expressly, when the personal information is provided to or collected by us, including other Registered Users of the Website whom you contact.
GPE reserves the right to disclose any personal information (including sensitive information) to law enforcement or other government officials where we reasonably believe that this may be necessary or appropriate, or where it will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s safety, life or health.
GPE will never sell, trade, lease or rent your personal information to third parties.
- Direct marketing communications
We want to send you marketing and promotional communications only if you want to receive them from us. If you prefer not to receive these communications from us, please let us know by calling +61(0)8 9288 1739 or sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com.
If we send you any marketing or promotional communications by email, you can also click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the message.
- Our Commitment to Data Security
GPE takes the security of your personal information very seriously. We take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold, whether in electronic or other form, from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
GPE may retain any personal information you provide during the use of the Website, for a period of 36 months after your last interaction with us. After 36 months, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information we hold if it is no longer needed for GPE’s business purposes and it is permissible by law to do so.
- Access to personal information
You may request access to personal information that GPE holds about you in writing by using the contact details below. GPE will process such requests within a reasonable time and may charge a fee for providing access, which will cover the costs of verifying the application and retrieving the information requested. If GPE denies an access request, it will provide reasons for doing so.
- Correction of personal information
GPE will take reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up to date. If there are any changes to your personal information, please let us know using the contact details below.
If you request us to, we will take reasonable steps to correct the personal information we hold about you so that it is accurate, complete and up to date, or will provide reasons for not doing so.
Your complaint will be reviewed by our Privacy Officer, who will investigate the issue and determine the steps that GPE will take to resolve your complaint. GPE will contact you if it requires any further information from you and will notify you in writing of the outcome of the investigation.
If you are not satisfied with GPE’s determination, you can contact GPE to discuss your concerns or contact the Australian Privacy Commissioner through its website at www.oaic.gov.au.
- Contact Details
Phone Number : +61 (0)8 9288 1739
Attention: Yumna Tabish